You can maximize your gift by checking with your employer to see if they offer a matching gift program. If your company sponsors a matching gift program, it means that they will offer a donation in addition to your personal contribution, to the Northshore Schools Foundation. This practice allows you to multiply the impact your gift will have on students, teachers and programs in the Northshore School District.
Most participating companies will match employee gifts dollar for dollar. Some will even double or triple-match a gift. Some companies will match your donation of time with a financial donation.
To find out if your company offers matching programs click here.
How It Works
1. You determine if your company matches donations to a non-profit 501©3 charity focused on public education.
2. You make a gift to the Northshore Schools Foundation and submit paper work to your employer letting them know you have made the donation.
3. Your employer matches your gift at whatever level your company policy states and they mail a donation check to the Northshore Schools Foundation.
• The impact of your gift will be increased at no cost to you.
• Avoid capital-gain tax on appreciation in value of the real estate
• Relieved of details of selling property
• Make and even more significant gift to the Northshore Schools Foundation
1. Contact your employer to determine if the gift should be given directly to the Foundation or through their company program to be eligible for matching funds.
2. Make your donation, noting that your gift will be matched by your employer.
3. Complete or submit to the Foundation for completion any required matching gift paperwork or online forms.
4. Contact us to learn more about this gift plan or other options.