Advanced education is important for our students and our teachers. While the Foundation’s mission is to support ALL Northshore Students, donors may designate funds to be awarded through a selection process for teachers or students pursuing trade school, college, university or certified training.
How it works:
1. Meet with Foundation staff to determine the criteria of your scholarship fund and insure it is within Foundation mission guidelines.
2. Using the most appropriate funding mechanism, make a one-time investment to fund up to 5 years of your intended scholarship fund.
3. Investment amount will equal the amount of desired scholarship + 15% on gifts up to $10,000 and 10% on gifts over $100,000. The percentage will be used to cover administrative costs of the scholarship and to fund Foundation operations.
4. Scholarship selection process runs from December to March each year, with scholarship recipients announced at our annual luncheon.
5. The Foundation will facilitate educating students and teachers about the scholarship opportunity, and provide you with tools and a process to make a selection for
the funds you have provided.
6. Participate in the selection process for your fund and be a part of the announcement process by hosting your winner and their family at our annual luncheon.
Why is it important?
Ensuring our students graduate ready for success in college or in the career of their choice is one of the guiding principles of the Foundation. Scholarships remove barriers for students and help students access the schools and training they are now ready for as a result of an excellent Northshore education.